- NO Processed Foods (all clean, healthy, nutritious foods).
- NO Bad Carbs (white bread, white pasta, potatoes, rice).
- NO Sugary Stuff (fizzy juice, sweets, cakes, biscuits etc.).
- NO Alcohol (minimum amount if any).
- SMALL CHANGES = BIG DIFFERENCES.
- CARBS – ENERGY – Wholemeal Pasta, Rice, Oats, Oatcakes, Rice Cakes, Quinoa.
- PROTEIN – GROWTH + REPAIR – Lean Meat (chicken, turkey) Fish, Pulses (beans, lentils etc.) Eggs, Nuts.
- FATS – ENERGY – Fish, Nuts, Seeds, Avocado, Hummus (although healthy fats, don’t eat too many).
- FIBRE – DIGESTION – Wholegrains, Fruit and Vegetables.
- MINERALS (iron, calcium etc) – Fruit and Vegetables.
- VITAMINS – KEEP BODY HEALTHY – Fruit and Vegetables.
- Breakfast – Snack – Lunch – Snack – Dinner.
- Keep a food diary so you can see where you can improve.
- Each meal should consume a balance of healthy carbs and protein (as above), this will keep you fuller for longer, avoiding unnecessary cravings.
- Start your day with a big glass of water with lemon (kick start metabolism) and have a healthy balanced breakfast (NEVER SKIP BREAKFAST).
- Never go more than 3 hours without food even if it’s just a handful of nuts. Keep that metabolism going!
- Eat until you’re satisfied and not stuffed.
- Don’t confuse hunger for thirst (try to drink at least 2 litres of water daily).
- Organisation and Preparation is the key. Plan daily meals and snacks the day before or at the start of each week so you have no time to go off track.
- Porridge/Oatmeal with almond milk, berries or/and almonds, cinnamon or a little honey to flavour if needed.
- Boiled Eggs with oatcakes or rice cakes.
- Omlette with spinach peppers etc (good lunch option – add chicken and have with salad).
- Scrambled eggs with Turkey rashers and grilled tomatoes.
- Smoothie (almond milk, flaxseed powder or hemp protein and berries or half banana).
- Smoked Salmon with Eggs or Oatcakes.
- Carrots or Peppers with hummus.
- Avocado on Rice Cakes.
- Apple/ Berries.
- Handful of unsalted nuts (almonds, cashews, walnuts).
- Breakfast Smoothie.
- Oatcakes or Rice cakes with Meridian peanut butter.
- Mixed seeds with berries.
- Boiled egg.
- Prawns/ Mussels/ Chicken.
- Stir Fries with Chicken, Turkey or Salmon with loads of veg (broccoli, peppers, green beans, spinach) sesame oil and chillies or/and garlic to flavour.
- Stuffed omelette (chicken, peppers, toms, spinach etc) with salad.
- Salads (spinach, rocket, toms, cucumbers, peppers, chillies, rapeseed oil) have with chicken, fish add baked sweet potato.
- Turkey burgers (minced Turkey mashed with spices/chillies, and dry fry) have on a Wholemeal pitta bread.
- Healthy Pizza: Wholemeal wrap as base, sundried tomato paste then add all sorts of healthy toppings (chicken, tuna, peppers, toms, olives, spinach, mushrooms) a little mozzarella or goats cheese – stick in the oven for about 6/8 mins.
- Add healthy carbs to meals (quinoa, brown rice, sweet potato mash, sweet pot wedges).
- Try keep carbs to breakfast and lunch.
- Eat biggest majority of calories in breakfast and lunch, have a light dinner as calories are for energy and we don’t use a lot at night.
- Add loads of green leafy veg to your diet… Spinach and kale etc.
GOOD LUCK …
And for more options, full recipes exercise plans etc, register now for access to NB Members Area.